UPPER LIMB INJURIES
PREVENTION & REHABILITATION STRATEGIES
INTEGRATED COURSE DELIVERY - 3 HOURS ONLINE + 3 HOURS PRACTICAL
NEXT PRACTICAL TRAINING DATE'S
Sunday 29th August, 2021
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
701 Glenhuntly Road
CANT MAKE THIS DATE?
Why not enquire about our 1 on 1 private workshop delivery?
You can choose a date & time that fits in with your schedule with the most effective way to learn;
privately in a 1 on 1 setting.
Our Guarantee - Receive your training certificate on the day of the workshop & fully detailed 150 page Electronic Training
Manual for ongoing learning of this topic The upper limb injury prevention & rehabilitation workshop looks at common conditions and injuries that may present with our own client base. The workshop includes an introduction into what rehabilitation is, the importance of it and the specific role of the personal trainer through out the rehabilitation process.
It also moves to how a trainer can be linked in with the medical industry and work in collaboration with other allied health professionals via the referral process. Including the following:
- What is the referral process?
- How can a trainer utilise this process?
- Setting up a referral template
- Importance of rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation vs Prevention - the difference
- The Role and Responsibility of the Personal Trainer
- Understanding the anatomy of the shoulder, elbow and wrist
- Understand the role of muscles acting on these three main joints
Theoretical component of this course focuses understanding the pathology of common conditions & injuries all related to the upper limb which are analysed and discussed further, these include the following:
- Various Rotator Cuff Syndromes
- Common Postural Related Issues
- Frozen Shoulder
- Impingement Syndrome
- Shoulder Dislocation/Subluxation
- Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
- Wrist Sprain
- Wrist fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
The practical component of the workshop looks at a vast number exercises that can greatly assist with each discussed injury and condition. The aim of this workshop is that trainers can walk away and begin implementing exercises immediately.There is also a heavy component of exercises aimed towards injury prevention whilst performing commonly prescribed exercises to clients. A full detailed training manual is provided which covers all theoretical components in detail and includes all exercises with photos included that were taught in this workshop.